Friday 15 March 2013

Hello! Want to know what's been going on with us lately?  Well, read on....

 

A1 VOX Museum:
Last week when it was almost spring like (or was that spring?) I had a few days leave and went to visit the Jane Austen museum http://www.jane-austens-house-museum.org.uk/. It was perfect; we got to see her writing desk, her garden, her beautiful house and her wonderful gift shop! It all made me wonder what an A1 VOX museum would celebrate in years to come. Would it be the microphone in Studio A which has been used by the great and the good of showbiz,


Would it be the wall of photos outside the booth?

Is that Basil Brush?!


Or the control desk where Chris weaves his magic?



 Lastly, perhaps it would be a spotlit picture of a well worn pencil, resting on a script in Studio B.






Game of Thrones bingo:
Chris and I are big fans of both the books and the TV series, Game of Thrones so I was excited to meet Owen Teale (http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Owen_Teale) a couple of weeks ago (we didn’t take a photo, we were just a bit too giddy). Owen plays Alisser Thorne of the Night Watch in the show and he makes a great “Man of the Black” and was happy to talk to Chris and me a little about his character. It was such a treat. Then, Ralph Ineson (http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Ralph_Ineson) who plays Dagmar Cleftjaw, an ‘Ironborn Reaver’ popped in a couple of times too. I’m not sure what we’d do if the boy who plays evil King Joffrey came by but I’m sure we’d be ever friendly and professional!



Lunchtime celeb spotting:
I’m sorry to report that I haven’t seen any celebs in Soho in 2 weeks – I assume they’ve got wise to my search and that they are all slinking around in disguise now. I’ll try harder in future. However, our Tracy spotted Louie Spence in the restaurant downstairs!



A1 VOX studio A celeb spotting:
Not sure why I’m searching high and low in Soho for Celebs when they’re right here making themselves comfortable in our studio. This week alone we’ve had the very very tall broadcaster and historian Dan Snow, and the very very cool actor Philip Glenister.



Nothing funnier than a talking animal:
Whilst working very hard, I happened to find myself on YouTube looking at ‘funny voiceovers’. I’ve watched the first clip of this video 5 times and it is still making me chuckle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ1HKCYJM5U







No comments:

Post a Comment