Thursday 9 June 2011

Ey up A1 VOX bloggers!! You’re in for a right treat this week as the blog has not been written by the lovely Sarah as normal, OH NO, this is….........................

..................................WORK EXPERIENCE JACQUI here!!

I will be telling you about the life that is A1 VOX from a fresh pair of eyes!

I’m afraid A1 VOX will be stuck with me for ten whole days, so let’s hope everybody, and everything, will still be in place when I leave!

Charles set me the task of writing part of the blog from my experience to date, so here goes…

I arrived at the A1 VOX Towers on the 25th May during the process of them moving to the new office downstairs – I have been informed that the move has been taking place over many months but will be finished soon! I think it will be smashing.

The first people I was to meet were of course Charles and Sarah who are just lovely! As my first day went on I got to meet many of the in-house voices here, they are all soooo friendly and have great voices, very talented – Jealous!!! And you can’t forget Mr. Chris doing all the hard graft in studio A. His editing skills are just, well… WOW!

As the days have gone by I have heard many funny stories of the shenanigans that have happened here! You can tell it’s a great place to work and have a laugh with everybody, as well as getting some seriously top notch recordings done!

But enough of what it is like working here…

You want to know what I have been doing, except make a mark in all your hearts that will never be forgotten – I joke!  Well I’ve been covered in dust from moving things, filed papers with Sarah, listened in on studio sessions with Chris, AND he even let me do some practice editing – brilliant! Also listened in on some of the voices doing their “thang” in the good ol’ Voxbox!

Unfortunately poor Sarah was ill during the week so Charles decided to throw me in at the deep end and have me in Sarah’s position booking clients via email and… yes …answering that dreaded ringing machine, also known as “THE PHONE!”

Scary business, but after a while I think I got the hang of it and I do apologise if I scared anyone down the line, I think I was lovely and polite, or hope so anyways! 

So far there have been some great moments here, like meeting Carrie Grant when she came in to do a voice over. Her hair is still as bright red as I remember from the TV. I loved how she was doing a piece linked to the city Leeds (my hometown) and the way she pronounced “Hull” in the proper southern, correct, way as opposed to us northerners saying “’ull”!

Another highlight was receiving a lovely picture from one of the voices – Andy Stanson’s daughter, that will definitely be going on my fridge at home!

All in all it’s been a great eight days and I know I will be fully entertained by everyone in my last two. I’ll leave A1VOX laughing and smiling…and who knows if I smile sweetly enough they might even let me back?!

So thank you for putting up with me … and back to Sarah with all the in house gossip here at A1VOX…tooodles! 

Why thank you Miss Jacqui – I must admit I was a bit apprehensive about my precious Blog being hijacked but I can breathe a sigh of relief as that was a blooming delightful ditty from the gorgeous Miss Ravensdale.

I have to say that Jacqui was an absolute asset to the team during her stay, and we all loved having her around. I will put her out of her misery by declaring live on the Blog that she did indeed smile sweetly enough (and what a pair of perfect knashers they are too), and she is more than welcome back – anytime!

So from a newbie of A1 VOX to A Comedy of Errors – Mr Nick Chambers.
Hee hee – Only a reference to Nick’s upcoming performance in the Shakespearean play. He will take on the part of both Dromio’s with the Oxford Shakespeare Company from July 2nd – August 26th and will perform in The Walled Gardens of Wadham College in Oxford.

He will also be playing Algernon (affectionately known as Algy) in Oscar Wildes, The Importance of Being Ernest which will be performed, in rep, alongside The Comedy of Errors.

Blimey oh Reilly sunshine, that is a lot of Quoths, thou hasts and ‘when one is in town one amuses one selves’, to learn in a matter of weeks!

Added to this folks the young chap gets hitched this weekend to the very beautiful Amy.

You can guarantee the performance he is most nervous about is his self penned soliloquy , otherwise known as The Bridegrooms Speech!

We are sure you will smash all three performances Nick and we really hope the sun shines for you this weekend on your very special day.

May it also continue to shine on that walled garden in Oxford throughout July and August. I would give you my word that it will Nick but in the words of Dromio:

“A man may break a word with you, sir, and words are but wind, Ay, and break it in your face, so he break it not behind”.

Point Taken!

For more information, or to book tickets to see Nick’s 2 for 1 performance please go to www.oxfordshakespearecompany.co.uk or http://www.oxfordplayhouse.com/ticketsoxford/

I am off next week as I am jetting to sunny Majorca for a wedding – tis the season you know – so join me in a couple of weeks when another of our ladies hits a controversial part – no leather and whips this time but it does involve Joan Walker and a cross dressing silver fox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never a dull moment I tell ye!

We would just like to end by wishing Nick all the best for his big day – and I will leave you with a quote from Oscar Wildes’ Importance of being Ernest:

"I have always been of opinion that a man who desires to get married should know either everything or nothing."

Knock em dead Nicko!







No comments:

Post a Comment